What this includes:
Recycle, reuse or dispose
Any Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) in good working order can be re-sold or given away.
- Give it away: Freecycle or Freegle.
- The British Heart Foundation and Emmaus offer free collections for a limited range of bulky items in good condition e.g. large electricals.
For non-repairable WEEE items:
- Recycle them for free at any Currys PC World store
- Take them to the Household waste and recycling centre at Smugglers Way to the dedicated WEEE recycling bay, or
- Book a bulky waste collection for large WEEE items.
Waste electrical items displaying this logo should be recycled. Whilst residents are entitled to place small items displaying this logo in with their general rubbish, that prevents them from being recycled. It is an offence to mix items displaying this logo with general rubbish except in a domestic context.
Many suppliers now provide a "like for like" take-back service for large WEEE items when you purchase new electrical equipment regardless of the condition it is in.
Would you like to search again?