Re-use collection service
Re-use collection services
If your bulky items are in a good, usable condition, you can book a collection with Resco (charges apply).
What you can donate to Resco
- Furniture: including sofas, tables, chests of drawers and cupboards
- Large appliances and white goods: including fridges, washing machines, cookers
- Small electricals: almost anything with a plug including TVs (flat screen only), audio and computer equipment, kettles, toasters
- Children's equipment: including prams, cots, toys
- Garden tools and equipment: including lawn mowers, forks, spades.
- Beds (but not mattresses)
- Textiles: curtains, carpets, bed linen, clothes
- be in a good condition cosmetically (but do not have to be in full working order).
- have the Fire Safety label attached on foam filled furnishings.
Do not donate items which are:
- ripped, or
If your items include re-usable and non-reusable items, only choose the re-use service if most of them are re-usable.
How to book a re-use collection with Resco
- Book online or telephone 020 3405 4859.
Resco collection details
- Collections will normally be made within three to four days of booking.
- Collection staff carry ID and will arrive in clearly marked vans.
- The re-use service will collect items from inside your property to keep them in good condition and avoid rain damage.
- Items can be collected from upstairs provided that there is a lift if the item is on the third floor or above.
What happens next
Once collected, items may be refurbished if necessary and are checked for safety. They are then sold from local re-use centres and charity shops at affordable prices or are supplied to people in need.
About the re-use services
Resco is a not-for-profit social enterprise that seeks to reduce poverty. British Heart Foundation is the UK’s lead charity fighting coronary heart disease. Emmaus is a social enterprise with charitable status which helps provide homes to homeless people.
Benefits of using re-use services for suitable items include:
- Providing affordable furniture, appliances and household items to improve the living conditions of others.
- Creating local employment, skills training and volunteering opportunities.
- Reducing waste disposal related costs and environmental impacts.
Collection of non-reusable bulky items
If your most of the items you want collected are not suitable for re-use, book a bulky waste collection.