Still time to complete online flytipping survey
Published: Monday 31st July 17
Local residents and businesses are being asked for their views on flytipping through a quick and easy online survey developed in partnership by Wandsworth Council and national charity Keep Britain Tidy.
The aims are to find out more about how local people perceive this issue. The insights collected will help to shape the council’s approach to keeping Wandsworth clean and to tackling the small minority who spoil our local environment.
Every year the council spends large sums of money cleaning up illegally dumped rubbish which could be invested in other local services.
Dedicated enforcement teams are out daily cracking down on those who break the law and issue hundreds of fines to those people and businesses they catch littering and flytipping each month.
The council’s environment spokesman Jonathan Cook said: “Finding out more about what our residents think about flytipping is key and we will be partnering with organisations like Keep Britain Tidy and others to harness their expertise.
“Everyone one can play a part by filling out this short online survey and if you would like to take a more active role in the campaign then please do get in touch.”
The survey is open until 11 August 2017. For more information, visit https://consult.wandsworth.gov.uk/survey/349
How you can help Keep Wandsworth Clean
- Leave your waste and recycling bags out on the correct day each week. See www.wandsworth.gov.uk/waste to check your collection day.
- Show your support on Twitter using the hashtag #KeepWandsworthClean
- Report flytips on the council website www.wandsworth.gov.uk/flytipping
- Pass on evidence that could help identify a flytipper in confidence to email@example.com
- Set up your own clean streets initiative with support from the Wandsworth Grant Fund. Visit www.wandsworth.gov.uk/wgf