Nominate your entries for 2018 Wandsworth Design Awards
Published: Thursday 27th July 17
The council has launched the 2018 Wandsworth Design Awards to find the borough’s best-designed buildings.
The Awards, now in their 19th year, reward high-quality design. Local community groups, residents, businesses and people working in the borough are all encouraged to nominate schemes. All projects must have been completed between 1 January 2015 and 30 September 2017 to be eligible for consideration.
The artwork at Balham Railway Bridge is a previous winner
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges comprising councillors, including the borough’s design and heritage champions, local architects, representatives of the Wandsworth Design Review Panel, local amenity societies and the Wandsworth Access Association. An awards ceremony will be held in 2018.
The aim of the competition is to recognise and promote new buildings and spaces that demonstrate excellence in sustainable design and construction and make a positive contribution to their local area.
The competition incorporates the Wandsworth Access Awards which aims to encourage architects and builders to come up with innovative, intelligent and inclusive designs that fully meet the needs of people with disabilities.
Nominations can be made for all types of development, including:
- Access to buildings – improved provision for people with disabilities
- Residential extensions (including loft extensions)
- Restoration/conversion projects, including schemes which introduce new uses to older buildings
- Offices and Shopfronts (new or restored)
- New buildings
- Public spaces
- Landscape projects including front gardens
- Sustainable buildings/spaces - buildings/spaces demonstrating excellence in sustainable design and construction
Nominations must be submitted by 30 September 2017.
For further information or to nominate a project, visit www.wandsworth.gov.uk/designawards.