Help shape flytipping response through online survey
Published: Wednesday 5th July 17
Local residents and businesses are being asked for their views on flytipping through a quick and easy online survey developed in partnership by Wandsworth Council and national charity Keep Britain Tidy.
The aims are to find out more about how local people perceive this issue, its impacts and what they consider to be the root causes. The insights collected will help to shape the council’s approach to keeping Wandsworth clean and to tackling the small minority who leave discarded waste on borough streets.
Every year the council spends large sums of money cleaning up illegally dumped rubbish which could be invested in local services.
Dedicated enforcement teams are cracking down on those who break the law and issue hundreds of fines to those people and businesses they catch littering and flytipping each month.
Enforcement Officers out in Battersea
The council’s environment spokesman Jonathan Cook said: “The council will always respond quickly to flytip reports and try to track down and punish those responsible. But to really tackle this London-wide problem we have to change people’s attitudes and behaviours.
“Finding out more about what our residents think about this subject is key and we will be partnering with organisations like Keep Britain Tidy and others to harness their expertise.
“Everyone one can play a part by filling out this short online survey and if you would like to take a more active role in the campaign then please do get in touch.”
The survey is open until 11 August 2017. For more information, visit https://consult.wandsworth.gov.uk/survey/349
How you can help Keep Wandsworth Clean
- Leave your waste and recycling bags out on the correct day each week. See www.wandsworth.gov.uk/waste to check your collection day.
- Show your support on Twitter using the hashtag #KeepWandsworthClean
- Report flytips on the council website www.wandsworth.gov.uk/flytipping
- Pass on evidence that could help identify a flytipper in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set up your own clean streets initiative with support from the Wandsworth Grant Fund. Visit www.wandsworth.gov.uk/wgf
- Contact email@example.com to find out more about how you can help #KeepWandsworthClean