Support your local shops this Christmas
Published: Monday 28th November 16
Wandsworth residents are urged to do their festive shopping in local stores as one of the busiest shopping weekends of the year approaches.
Christmas in Earlsfield 2015
The council is organising and supporting a series of Christmas events to encourage shoppers to visit their local town centres.
Upcoming events include
- Earlsfield, December 1, Waynflete Street. There will be a Christmas market, Santa’s Grotto and entertainment from 3pm.
Last year's event in Putney
- Balham, December 4, Bedford Hill Place and Hildreth Street. Music, stalls and entertainment from 1pm. The lights will be switched on at 4.30pm
- Southfields, December 6, Replingham Road. Stall and choirs from 4.30pm-5pm.
- Battersea Square, December 6. The lights will be switched on by the Mayor of Wandsworth, Cllr Richard Field, at 7pm.
- Tooting, December 7, outside St Nicolas Church. The lights will be switched on at 4.55pm by the Deputy Mayor of Wandsworth, Cllr Wendy Speck.
- Roehampton, December 10, Go to Library Green from 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
Southfields festivities in 2015
The council’s business spokesman Cllr Kim Caddy, said: “I would urge everyone to support the fantastic range of independent local shops on their doorstep. Local businesses are the backbone of our local economy and the heart of our communities and we can all do our bit to help them thrive.”
For more information about Small Business Saturday and a searchable guide to local shops, visit https://smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com.