Christmas comes to Wandsworth Town
Published: Friday 25th November 16
Get into the festive mood with a day of celebrations to kick off the Christmas shopping season in Wandsworth Town on Saturday (November 26).
- 10am-4pm Wandsworth Foodies Market in Old York Road
- 11am – Free Christmas card making in Wandsworth Library
- 11am-4pm – Free arts and crafts workshop and the chance to meet Sammy the Southside-asarus in Southside Shopping Centre
- Noon-4pm – Santa will be roaming around Southside and Old York Road before spending time in his grotto at Pizzastorm, Garratt Lane.
- 2.30pm – Christmas storytime and Christmas-themed quiz at the library
- 3.30pm-4.20pm – Lantern procession by West Hill Primary School pupils from the school to Southside
- 4.30pm Christmas lights switch on at All Saints Church followed by a carol service and performances from the National Opera Studio. Mince pies, mulled wine and soft drinks.
Wandsworth Radio will be broadcasting outside Southside all day, with a stage featuring live performances, plus market stalls.
All the borough’s town centres are holding Christmas events including
- November 25 – Battersea, Northcote Road, 5.30pm
- December 1 – Earlsfield, St Andrew’s Church, 3pm-8pm.
- December 2 – Putney, Church Square, noon-8pm
- December 4 – Balham, Bedford Hill Place and Hildreth Street, 1pm-4.30pm
- December 6 – Southfields, Replingham Road, 4.30pm-5pm
- December 7 – Tooting, outside St Nicolas Church, 4pm-6pm
- December 10 – Roehampton, Library Green, 4.30pm-6.30pm