Affordable Housing Open Day tomorrow
Published: Wednesday 22nd October 14
Access free information and advice on getting a new home at the Affordable Housing Open Day tomorrow (Thursday October 23).
Go along to Open the Door 2014 to find out about the advice, support and financial assistance available from the town hall.
The event in the Civic Suite in Wandsworth town centre is completely free to attend and you do not need to book a place – just turn up at any point during the day. The event runs until 8pm so people can pop in after work if necessary.
The day is aimed at first time buyers and council tenants who live or work in Wandsworth.
You will be able to meet with the council’s Home Ownership team and local housing providers to find out about the options available. They include:
- Shared Ownership – part buying and part renting a property (with a household income of no more than £80,000)
- Intermediate Rent, where you can get a discounted rent
- The House Purchase Grant – grants to help council tenants buy or adapt a home, or to use as a deposit towards a shared ownership property.
- Right to Buy – the maximum discount for tenants to buy their council home is £102,700.
- Housing moves to smaller or sheltered accommodation if you are a council tenant.
Independent financial advisors and solicitors will also be on hand to provide one-to-one advice on mortgages and the buying process. Council tenants who want to transfer to a more suitable property can speak to the Housing Lettings Team.
The event is organised by the council's Home Ownership Team, which manages a list of eligible buyers who live or work in Wandsworth. Many of the new homes being built in Wandsworth can be purchased on shared ownership terms by local buyers who live or work in the borough and who are on the list.
The Affordable Housing Open Day will be on Thursday October 23 from 2pm to 8pm in the Wandsworth Civic Suite, Wandsworth High Street.
For more information about the event or to learn more about home buying opportunities in Wandsworth visit www.wandsworth.gov.uk/homeownership, email email@example.com or call the Home Ownership Team on (020) 8871 6016