Music festival returns to Putney
Published: Wednesday 24th August 11
The popular Putney Music Festival returns to the town’s pubs, clubs and restaurants on September 9 and 10.
Now in its 14th year, the festival will feature live music and top DJs. This is the first time this annual event has been held in the summer; previously it coincided with the Boat Race.
- Opera at Carluccios in Putney Wharf ,
- An Elvis tribute at Valentina Fine Foods in the Upper Richmond Road ,
- Los Pacaminos featuring Paul Young at the Halfmoon
- Late night DJ's
- Live bands at the Cats Back
- Late night Fusion at the Fez Club
- Jazz/Blues at Sally's @ St Mary's café
- Acoustic folk/rock at The Duke's Head
At least fifteen Putney venues have live and DJ-presented music in and around the High Street, at Putney Wharf , by Riverside Quarter and on Putney Heath.
The Putney Music Festival 2011 is organised by the Putney Partnership, supported by Wandsworth Council and Putney's business community.
To see the full music programme with details of venues and artists, go to www.wandsworth.gov.uk/putney.