Local Plan Review (2012-2016)
Adoption of the Local Plan
The Local Plan Review was the subject of an independent examination conducted by an Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State. The Inspector’s Report was published in December 2015 and the recommended main modifications have been included in the documents which were adopted on 9 March 2016.
- Local Plan - Core Strategy (adopted March 2016)
- Local Plan - Development Management Policies Document (DMPD) (adopted March 2016)
- Local Plan - Site Specific Allocations Document (SSAD) (adopted March 2016)
- Local Plan - Policies Map (front) (back) March 2016
- Local Plan adoption notice March 2016
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Main modifications (for previous versions of the Sustainability Appraisal please see the Examination Library)
Details of the Examination
Following publication of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) 2012 and the London Plan 2011, the Council undertook a review of its adopted Development Plan Documents (Local Plan) to ensure conformity with new national and regional policy. The Council submitted the Local Plan Review to the Secretary of State for Examination on 12 March 2015. The Secretary of State appointed Inspector David Smith BA (Hons) DMS MRTPI to conduct the Examination.
Following the close of the public hearing sessions in July 2015, the Council consulted on its Schedule of Proposed Main Modifications between Friday 18 September and Friday 30 October 2015. All the representations on the main modifications received during this period were forwarded to the Inspector for his consideration.
The Inspector's Final Report was received on 23 December 2015 and the Examination was closed. The Local Plan was found sound subject to the Main Modifications recommended by the Inspector. The Council adopted the documents, incorporating the recommended modifications, on 9 March 2016.
- Inspector's Final Report (December 2015)
- Schedule of Main Modifications
- Main Modifications Appendix 1 & 2
A schedule of Additional Modifications was also prepared to accompany the consultation on Main Modifications. These minor modifications related to items like factual updates and corrections to wording. The Inspector did not consider the additional modifications and therefore they did not form part of the consultation. The additional modifications were also made as part of the preparation of the Local Plan documents for adoption.
All the documents related to the Examination are available in the examination library.
What can I do?
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 020 8871 8814 or 020 8871 7218
The Council has recently commenced a review of the policies in the Local Plan that relate to employment land. It will also be commencing a full review of its Local Plan in 2016.
Our Local Development Scheme sets out the timetable for the production of Local Plan documents.
Housing & Community Services,
Wandsworth High Street,
London, SW18 2PU