Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD) and Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
As identified in the Development Management Policies Document (DMPD) and Site Specific Allocations Document (SSAD), the Council is preparing a number of SPDs to expand and provide further guidance on policies set out in the adopted Development Plan Documents (DPDs).
The Council also has a range of supplementary planning guidance which support the policies in the Council's Development Plan and where relevant will continue to be a material consideration in the assessment of planning applications until they are superseded by Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs).
- Housing SPD (adopted December 2012)
- Refuse and Recyclables SPD (adopted December 2012)
- Planning Obligations SPD (adopted May 2013)
The adopted documents are accompanied by an adoption statement and statement setting out changes that were made following consultation. Earlier drafts and consultation comments can be viewed via the online consultation portal.
- Housing SPD adoption statement
- Housing SPD statement of consultation
- Refuse and Recyclables SPD adoption statement
- Refuse and Recyclables SPD statement of consultation
- Planning Obligations SPD adoption statement
- Planning Obligations SPD statement of consultation
The Housing SPD replaces the following SPGs: 'Making more of your loft', 'Residential basement extensions', 'Hardstandings for cars', 'Guidelines for housing development' 'Design guidelines for conversion of shops to residential use'.
Consultation versions of SPDs in preparation: