Settlement Checking Service
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
When you telephone to book an appointment, the local authority officers will tell you what to bring with you. Instructions explaining which documents are needed are in the SET (M) application form and guidance notes. These are available on the UK Border Agency website.
Your spouse/partner must attend your appointment with you. If you have dependant children (under 18) they do not have attend.
There are two types of SET (M) application forms on the UK Border Agency Website.
The online SET (M) form: This version of the SET (M) form must be completed online. You have to complete the form and pay for the application on line you must then print a copy. The copy of the form must then be taken with you to your appointment.
The printable SET (M) form: This version of the SET (M) form allows you to print a copy of the form and complete it by hand. With this version you must supply your payment details so that the payment can be processed when the form is received by the UK Border Agency.
You must bring
- A completed SET (M) application form (either the form you have completed on line and printed or the form you have printed first and then completed by hand).
- Your knowledge of life-pass notification or English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) certificate and college letter.
- The supporting documents requested in the SET (M) application form and
- If you completed the SET (M) application form on line, you must bring the confirmation that you have paid the UK Border Agency.
- If you completed the SET (M) application form by hand you must complete your credit or debit card details on the form, or bring a cheque or postal order.
- The settlement checking service fee must be paid to the local authority separately from the application fee.