Council Tax change of circumstances

Moving house

If you have recently moved into or within Wandsworth you will be liable for Council Tax at your new address.

You also need to tell us if you're moving out of Wandsworth.

The earlier you tell us, the more time you will get to pay your bill. It will also stop us from continuing to send letters to the previous occupier.

Allow up to 14 working days for a response.

Tell us if you are moving in, or out or within Wandsworth.

Change of household status

You need to tell us if the make-up or status of your household changes as it may have an impact on who is liable and eligibility for any discounts or exemptions. Examples include:

  • A household member has become a student 
  • A household member has turned 18 
  • A household member has moved into and receiving care in residential or nursing care home

Adding a person to council tax account

If you want to add someone to your council tax account, complete the moving form.

Contact us if you have a query. Alternatively, complete our call back form and we will call you back within 2 working days.

Moving? Tell us online