Commenting on a planning application
How to make comments
You can comment on, support or object to a planning application by:
- using our website, or
- sending an email to email@example.com
Comment using our website
- First, find the application.
- Next, click on the link View Associated Application Documents & Make Online Comments for Live Applications.
- If the application is still open for consultation, then at the top of the screen on the right-hand side, there will be a link that says Comment on application.
The information you enter on the online form will be made available on our website.
If you do not wish your telephone number or email address to be displayed, please leave these fields blank.
What we can accept
We welcome any comments, whether in support of an application or objecting to it, but in making a decision the council can only take account of planning considerations.
These include matters like:
- The effect on traffic or parking
- The appearance of the proposal
- Overlooking or disturbance
- Loss of light or privacy
- Impact on the local environment
- Whether the proposed use is suitable
We cannot take into account matters like:
- Loss of property value
- Private disputes between neighbours
- Matters covered by leases or covenants
- The impact of construction work
- Competition between firms
We cannot accept comments which include statements of a defamatory nature. If such comments are identified they will be returned and will not be taken into consideration is assessing the planning application.
Publication of comments and your details
Your comment, name and address will be published and available for inspection by any interested party. It will:
- form part of the Council's Statutory Register of Planning Applications
- be published on this website, and
- be made available for public inspection at the Town Hall.
We cannot accept confidential comments. Find out more about the publication of comments.
How long do I have to make a comment?
Comments should be submitted as soon as possible, although we will take into account any representations received up to the date it makes a decision.