Listed buildings and borough history
Grade I and II* Listed buildings in Wandsworth
Buildings are currently listed as one of three grades.
Grade I is reserved for buildings of exceptional interest; Grade II* are buildings of more than special interest.
Grade II make up the majority of listed buildings that are of special architectural or historic interest at a national level.
It is important to note that all listed buildings are treated the same for consent purposes regardless of their Grade.
These are buildings of exceptional interest. There are five in the Borough:(a) Church of St. Mary, Battersea Church Road, SW11.
(b) Mount Clare, Minstead Gardens, SW15.
(c) Granada Cinema (Gala Bingo), Mitcham Lane, SW17
(d) Parkstead (Manresa) House, Roehampton Lane, SW15.
(e) Roehampton House, Roehampton Lane, SW15.
These are particularly important buildings of more than special interest. There are 39 in the Borough:
(1) Albert Bridge, Albert Bridge Road, SW11.
(2) Church of St. Paul, Augustus Road, SW19.
(3) War Memorial, Battersea Park, SW11.
(4) Church of St.Mark, Battersea Rise, SW11.
(5-10) Nos. 1-6 Church Row, SW18.
(11) Cremorne Bridge, SW11
(12) Battersea Power Station, Cringle Street, SW8.
(13) The Bull, at foot of Downshire Field, Alton Estate, SW15.
(14) Wandsworth House, 170 (formerly 174-6) East Hill, SW18.
(15) Binley House, Highcliffe Drive, SW15
(16) Charcot House, Highcliffe Drive, SW15.
(17) Denmead House, Highcliffe Drive, SW15.
(18) Dunbridge House, Highcliffe Drive, SW15.
(19) Winchfield House, Highcliffe Drive, SW15.
(20) Church of the Ascension, Lavender Hill, SW11.
(21) Battersea Community Arts Centre, Lavender Hill, SW11.
(22) Church of All Saints, Lower Common, SW15.
(23) Temple in grounds of Mount Clare, Minstead Gardens, SW15.
(24) No. 8 (Dixcote), North Drive, SW16.
(25) Holy Trinity Church, Ponsonby Road, SW15.
(26) Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Putney High Street, SW15.
(27) No.9 Putney Hill, SW15.
(28) No.11 Putney Hill, SW15.
(29) St Luke's Church, Ramsden Road, SW11.
(30) Downshire House, Roehampton Lane, SW15.
(31) Grove House (Froebel Institute), University of Surrey, Roehampton Lane, SW15.
(32) Church of St. Anne, St. Ann's Hill, SW18.
(33) Former Granada Cinema (Gala Bingo), 58 St. John's Hill, SW11
(34) Royal Victoria Patriotic Building, Trinity Road, SW11
(35) Table tomb, entrance to the Old Burial Ground, Upper Richmond Road, SW15.
(36) No. 30 (Old Battersea House), Vicarage Crescent, SW11.
(37) No. 44 (Devonshire House), Vicarage Crescent, SW11.
(38) Church of All Saints, Wandsworth High Street, SW18.
(39) Ram (Young's Brewery Complex), Wandsworth High Street, SW18
This list was revised in 30 May 2012, and includes all additions, deletions and regradings since the last major resurvey by the then Department of the Environment in April 1983, and supersedes all previous issues of this list.
Download our list of buildings of special architectural or historic interest.