Appealing a Penalty Charge Notice
You can appeal a parking ticket if you believe:
- the ticket should not have been issued, or
- that there are special reasons why it should be cancelled.
- Challenge a fine/parking ticket that begins with number WA95*****
- Challenge any other fine/parking ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment of a Penalty Charge Notice
There is a 50% discount if payment of a Penalty Charge Notice is received by the council within 14 days of the date the PCN was issued.
You can't challenge a PCN and then challenge the charge. Paying the fine shows you have accepted liability and the right of appeal is lost.
Who issues a PCN?
A Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) may be issued by:
- a Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) for a parking contravention (the Traffic Management Act 2004)
- or by use of prescribed Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) equipment, (the London Local Authorities Act 2000).
Find out more about appealing against a Penalty Charge Notice.