Fishing in Wandsworth
Where, when and how
- Battersea Park lake fishing area
- Wandsworth Common lake - southern basin
- Tooting Common main lake
The fishing season runs from 16 June to 14 March inclusive.
How to get a fishing permit
In order to fish in any of the above three waters you must have a Wandsworth Council Fishing Permit. If you are aged 12 or over, it's a national requirement that you also have an Environment Agency rod licence.
To get a fishing permit for our lakes please write to us at:
- a photocopy of your current Environment Agency rod licence (note that if you are old enough to be required to hold a rod licence, we will not issue a council permit without proof of rod licence)
- a cheque made payable to Wandsworth Council for the correct amount
- Two passport sized photos
And, if applying for a concessionary price, please also include:
- proof of age for the junior or senior concessions, or
- proof of disability for the disability concession
Ages and prices
From June 2012 to March 2013 season, the prices are:
- adult £80 per season
- senior (age 65 and over) £58.50
- junior (age under 16) £42.50
- people with disabilities £42.50
Get information on Environment Agency rod licences or call 08708 506506 or ask at your local post office.