You may qualify automatically if you:
- Are in receipt of Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance.
- Are registered blind; or
- Receive a War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement or
- Has been both awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1-8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
Please note that documentary evidence will be required
You may also qualify if you:
- Have a permanent and substantial disability, which causes an inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.
- Drive a motor vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms, and are unable to operate all or some types of parking meter(or would find it very difficult to operate them).
If the applicant is under three years of age?
- A parent of a child under the age of three years old may apply for a badge for their child if the child has a specific medical condition which means that they;
(a) must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around with the child without great difficulty or
(b) need to be kept near a motor vehicle at all times, so they can, if necessary, be treated for that condition in the vehicle or quickly driven to a place where they can be treated, such as a hospital
An assessment by the Council's Mobility Assessor may be required if you do not automatically qualify for a badge.