Article 4 Directions
The Article 4 direction means that the following changes need planning permission:
- External alterations to houses which would be visible from the street; i.e. all front elevations and some side and rear elevations; this includes the replacement of windows and doors.
- Changes to the roofs of houses; including re-roofing in a different material.
- Building porches at the front of the house.
- Extensions to the house.
- Building walls, fences or gates on front boundaries, which face a road or footpath.
- Painting the outside walls of houses and flats.
- Demolition of buildings and some front boundaries*.
*(Front boundaries over 1 metre in height).