Article 4 Directions
Heaver Estate Conservation Area
The Article 4 direction means that following changes need planning permission:
- External alterations to houses which would be visible from the street; i.e. all front elevations and some side and rear elevations; this includes the replacement of windows and doors.
- Changes to the roofs of houses; including re-roofing in a different material.
- Building porches at the front of the house.
- Laying out hard surfaced areas, e.g. for car parking within the front and some side garden areas of houses.
- Building walls, fences or gates on front boundaries, which face a road or footpath.
- Demolition of the front boundary or demolition of buildings.
- Painting the outside walls of houses and flats.