Article 4 Directions
Dover House Estate Conservation Area
The Article 4 direction means that the following changes need planning permission:
- External alterations to houses which would be visible from the street; i.e. all front elevations and some side and rear elevations; this includes the replacement of windows and doors.
- Changes to the roofs of houses; including re-roofing in a different material.
- Building porches at the front of the house.
- Laying out hard surfaced areas, e.g. for car parking within the front and some side garden areas of houses.
- Building walls, fences or gates on front boundaries, which face a road or footpath.
- Demolition of buildings and some front boundaries*.
- Painting the outside walls of houses and flats, except the painting of rough- cast or render in one of the approved colours, light beige, cream or off - white.
*(Front boundaries over 1 metre in height).