Link your Benefits and Council Tax Reduction account
Details of household
Your household can be made up of the following:
- Claimant: This is the person who is claiming benefit.
- Partner: This means the other member of a couple.
- Dependent: Children and young people who are members of the household and for whom the claimant is responsible.
- Non dependant: Non dependants are other adults living in the household, such as adult sons and daughters. A non dependant deduction may be made from your benefits according to the individual's income.
- Boarders: This is someone who lives with you on a commercial basis and pays rent which includes an amount for meals.
- Sub tenants: This is someone who lives with you on a commercial basis and where the rent does not include an amount for meals.
Visit our Benefits section for more information.