Rent arrears

What happens if you get evicted due to rent arrears?

If you are evicted from your home for rent arrears, Wandsworth Council or another social landlord will not normally rehouse you.

You may have trouble getting credit, such as loans and hire purchase. A possession order always carries a money judgement for the amount of arrears plus court costs.

You may not be able to get a mortgage, as building societies and other lenders may, with your permission, ask us for rent payment references.

You will not be allowed to rent a garage, store shed, parking space or obtain an estate parking permit. If you already rent one, it will be taken away from you.


Pages in Rent arrears