Waste Penalty Charge Notices

Appealing a Penalty Charge Notice

There are certain circumstances where you can appeal against a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).

Appeals or arguments are referred to as 'representations' and must be made within 28 days of receiving the PCN.

We only accept appeals in writing and they must include your name, postal address, signature and any supporting evidence against the PCN you have. 

Ground for appeal

The grounds to appeal are specific to each offence. If you believe that the Penalty Charge Notice does not apply to you evidence must be supplied to prove that you meet the grounds for appeal.

Where to send your appeal

By post

You can send your written representation to:

Wandsworth Council
Environment and Community Services Department
Waste Enforcement
Ground Floor, Frogmore House
Frogmore Complex
Dormay Street
SW18 1EY

In person

Or take your written representation to the Customer Centre.