How we deal with nuisances
- Contact the person complaining to discuss the problem.
- In most cases visit the site to witness and judge its impact.
- Assess whether an unlawful nuisance exists.
- Issue an abatement notice if the nuisance is considered unlawful.
- Prosecute if the abatement notice is not complied with.
- Take default action, and this could involve disabling an alarm or confiscating sound equipment.
If the nuisance is considered lawful, we have a range of other legal actions available depending on the problem.
There are times when we cannot get the evidence necessary to take action. If so, you may wish to consider taking your own legal action. Please contact Wandsworth Citizens Advice Bureau.