Free school meals
Every child in reception, year 1 and year 2 (not nursery) are automatically entitled to free school meals.
You may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get any of these benefits directly (instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
Children under the compulsory school age who are in full time education may also be able to get free meals.
Apply for free school meals
Every Community, V.A Foundations, Academy and Free School in Wandsworth is responsible for authorising free school meals for their pupils.
For queries and to apply for free school meals, contact your child's school directly.