Copies of Marriage and Civil Partnership certificates
Copies of Marriage certificates
If you would like to order a marriage certificate you need to provide the following information about the entry:
- Full name of bride(s)
- Full name of groom(s)
- Date of marriage
- Place of marriage
Ordering a certificate
You can order online, in person, or by writing to us. Cheques or postal orders payable to 'Wandsworth Borough Council'.
- £11 (standard service – produced within 15 working days)
- £35 (priority service – produced by the next working day if ordered before 15:00)
Your certificate can be collected from our office or posted to you.
- £2 (Signed For – 1st Class post)
- £7 (Special Delivery Guaranteed/Overseas)
*Please ensure that there is someone at the address who can take delivery of your certificate as it must be signed for. Overseas postage must be paid for certificates sent outside the UK.
Marriages outside of Wandsworth
If a marriage occurred outside the London Borough of Wandsworth you can order the marriage certificate directly from the register office where the marriage entry is held.
If the marriage was not in Wandsworth, you can:
- Apply to the register office where the marriage took place
- Apply to Her Majesty's Passport Office
If you're missing some details
All records of marriages which took place in England and Wales will be held at the General Register Office (GRO). The GRO is able to carry out a much wider search in cases where details are not known. Order from GRO or call 0300 123 1837.