Other funding opportunities for voluntary and community organisations
Funding for Wandsworth projects
- The London Community Foundation, which manages a number of schemes geared to Wandsworth
- The Western Riverside Environmental Fund supports environmental projects in Wandsworth
- The Wimbledon Foundation - Health and Well Being Fund supports projects in Wandsworth and Merton
- Lifetimes provides information on local funding opportunities
- The Battersea Power Station Foundation supports projects in Wandsworth and Lambeth.
Funders not specific to Wandsworth
- Download full list of funding sources
This list is not exhaustive. If you know of any other grant opportunities available to the voluntary and community sector, email email@example.com. We aim to update this list on a regular basis.
The contents of this list is intended as a resource for community/voluntary sector groups and not an endorsement of any particular organisation. We have no affiliation with the organisations listed and we cannot give advice on applications or application processes (including deadlines).
Other funding sources
Community Business Fund
Power to Change - a community enterprise support organisation - has launched a new £10 million Community Business Fund, which will provide grants of between £50,000 and £300,000 to community enterprises in England.
The funding is intended to increase the social impact of community enterprises and support them to increase trading income, secure assets or reduce costs. Any grants awarded must be used for either capital costs (including building, vehicle and equipment costs) or project-specific revenue costs (including staff entries).
The first funding round will open on 26 April 2016 and close on 1 June 2016. There will be two further funding rounds in July and October 2016.
- Visit Power to Change for more information.
Charities and non profit making organisations
- Government Grants for the voluntary and community sector.
- Funding central is a free website for charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises providing access to over four thousand funding and finance opportunities as well as tools and resources to help organisations develop sustainable income strategies.
Green and sustainable grants
- The Community Sustainable Energy Programme website gives information on grants for community and non profit making organisations.
- Salix Finance provides Public Sector energy efficiency loan funding.
- Tesco Bags of Help – managed by environmental charity Groundwork, grants are available to improve green spaces in communities.
- (The) Princes Trust helps young entrepreneurs including small grants to help get into education, training or employment. May also offer a Community Cash Award which is a grant to help set up a project that will benefit your community.
- Shell LiveWIRE is a programme that offers free online business advice with possible start-up awards of £1,000 and £10,000 to help fund young entrepreneurs aged 16-30.
- Rock StartUp is a leading portal for aspiring young entrepreneurs and offers 18-30 year olds the opportunity to start their own business or scale up their existing business. To enquire about Startup Loans call. 0845 652 2905. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants for all types of organisations
- Grants Online provides a comprehensive service with information on grant funding opportunities from the European Union, UK Government Agencies, the lottery as well as Grant Making Trusts & Foundations.