How to leave your rubbish and recycling out
Dustbin, rubbish and recycling sack collections
Put waste out correctly to reduce the risk of missed bin collections.
If you are unable to move rubbish to the front of your property, contact us.
When to put your rubbish out
- Put your rubbish and recycling out for collection by 6.30am on your collection day.
- Find your collection day.
If you have a front garden or driveway
Put waste for collection in your front garden or driveway. We recommend you use dustbins with clip-on lids for general rubbish to keep it secure from scavenging animals. Any rubbish or clear recycling sacks must be tied.
Do not put dustbins or sacks for collection:
- in your back garden, back/side alleys or landings.
- on the public pavement. You could be fined up to £2,500.
If your door opens directly onto the street
- Place sacks on the pavement by the entrance to your home, but not before 6.30pm on the day before your collection day.
- If litter escapes from your sacks awaiting collection, clear it up promptly.
- Make sure your waste sacks do not cause a pavement obstruction.
- If your waste sacks are not collected by 8pm on collection day, take them back inside or report a missed collection.
Dustbins, wheelie bins and rubbish sacks
We cannot collect from wheelie bins.
- Your dustbin should be in good condition - we cannot empty your bin if handles are broken/missing.
- We do not supply dustbins or rubbish sacks.
- Get more recycling sacks.