CCTV and Retail Radio
Retail Radio means retailers can communicate with other stores in Balham, Clapham Junction, Putney, Tooting and Wandsworth (Southside). It is a handheld radio system that:
- Alerts stores to suspicious characters or fraudulent behaviour
- Alerts CCTV to monitor specific areas for suspect activity
- Alerts everyone listening to the transmission simultaneously
- Communicates with Safer Neighbourhood Teams
It is monitored by our CCTV control room and our Police Safer Neighbourhood Teams.
Sign up to Retail Radio scheme
Contact us if you are a retail manager and wish to join the Retail Radio scheme. You will be provided with:
- a handheld radio on a local frequency, enabling you to contact all local users simultaneously.
- two batteries
- a battery charger
- One-off joining fee: £45
- Handheld radio: £18.50 per month (pay per year at £222).
Comparable commercial schemes are over £500 a year.
Benefits of the system
- Provides a fast and secure way for shops to exchange information about thefts, attempted thefts, assaults, fraud and other retail crime
- Helps reduce retail theft and other types of crime
- Is successfully used in shopping centres throughout the UK
- Is low cost and subsidised.