About the Community Safety team
Our Community Safety team is one of the main members of the Wandsworth Community Safety Partnership (CSP), which delivers community safety and crime prevention services across the borough. It is an integral part of the Administration Department.
Head of Community Safety: Stewart Low
- The CCTV network including Retail Radio
- Various other aspects of crime prevention and crime reduction initiatives
- Working closely with members of the public, including such schemes as the Neighbourhood Watch initiative
- The Junior Citizen Scheme
- Domestic violence co-ordination and preventing Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)
- Working with offenders
- Preventing extremism and radicalisation
- Various long-term and seasonal community safety initiatives
Impact on crime
Wandsworth is the safest borough in Inner London and has a consistently lower crime rate than the average for Greater London. Crime committed in the borough has in recent years fallen more than in similar higher crime areas.
This crime-cutting performance can be credited in part to the CSP. You can find out more about the impact of the CSP's work by downloading the strategic assessments.
You can also download its plans for the future and archive of previous strategies.