Who do we help?

We help adults with care and support needs and those who care for them. This could be because of frailty, a disability, a long term health condition, a short or long term illness, caring responsibilities, or your health and wellbeing is at risk for any other reason.

We offer information and advice to everyone. If you want more help from us we will ask you about your care and support needs, or your support needs if you’re a carer, to assess if you qualify. If you do not qualify for our support, we will help you contact other organisations and services which may be able to help.

We will carry out an assessment if you:

  • live in Wandsworth; and
  • are aged 18 or over, or are moving from children's services to adult services; and
  • you think you have care and support needs as a result of a physical or mental condition

If you’re a carer, we will carry out a carers assessment if you provide care and support to an adult living in Wandsworth, even if you live in a different area.


If a person's life is in danger or at immediate risk, you should call 999 and ask for either the Fire Brigade, Police, or Ambulance. Or call NHS 111 in emergency situations that aren’t life threatening. We are unable to respond to emergency situations.

Adult Care Information Service

Contact us

Adult Social Services
Customer Centre 
Town Hall
Wandsworth High Street
SW18 2PU

Email: accessteam@wandsworth.gov.uk
Telephone: 020 8871 7707 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

Emergency out of hours: please contact the switchboard and ask for the emergency social worker: 020 8871 6000