About our Schools and Community Psychology Service
The Schools and Community Psychology Service (SCPS) promotes the inclusion and well being of children and young people especially those who are vulnerable or who have additional or special needs.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Child psychological wellbeing and mental health, including attachment, loss and resilience
- Learning and development including early child development, neuro-developmental and other disorders
- Language, social and communication difficulties including Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Social and emotional difficulties and behaviour management including Attention and Hyperactivity problems
- The needs of looked after children and other vulnerable groups
- The needs of parents/carers and families
- Crisis management
Who are our services for?
- children and young people (0-25 year olds)
- their parents/carers and professionals.
We provide a legal service to all maintained schools in Wandsworth.
Who are educational psychologists?
Educational Psychologists (EPs) specialise in working with children, young people and key adults in order to support their social, emotional and learning development. EPs have all undertaken professional training in educational psychology. This training includes experience of working with schools and young people.
Each Wandsworth maintained school/unit has a link EP who visits regularly. The EP works closely with the Special Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) and teachers.
The school will always obtain the parent/carers permission before an EP works with their child and the EP will always meet with them.
Files kept on individual children by the Schools and Community Psychology Service are confidential to parents/carers and to other professionals who may be involved.