Special Educational Needs schools

Visiting a school is usually the best way to find out if it’s the right one for your child. When contacting a school for the first time it is usually best to ask to speak to the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo)/Inclusion Manager, or the Headteacher.

Wandsworth Information, Advice and Support Service (WIASS) provides lists of special educational needs schools that specialise on specific needs to enable you to find an appropriate school. School lists are available for pupils with:

Section 41 schools information

Section 41 of the Children and Families Act 2014 allows the Secretary of State to publish a list of approved independent special schools and post-16 institutions. Find the published list and information on Section 41 below.

WIASS is an impartial service so we don’t make recommendations or endorse individual schools.

School details can change quickly and although we try to update our school lists every year, some details may not be accurate and it may not always be complete. We have included links to school search websites so that you can do your own search for the type of school or the area you are looking for.

We suggest that you check with the school when you contact them that the school is appropriate to your child’s particular needs. You can use the Ofsted website to find inspection results for each school.

Choosing a school

The following guide might help you through arranging and making a visit:

If you have any questions or want more information, support or advice about finding a school please contact WIASS.