Helpful organisations

These details are provided for information only and we do not recommend any service. We advise you to contact the service to see if they may be able to help you.

Please note, all information is subject to change. Check the websites for up to date information.

Help with special educational needs

Contact SEND helpline

Contact, a charity supporting families with disabled children, runs a free helpline for parents and carers who want to talk through their issues with an expert adviser.

Contact's helpline is for parents and carers in any part of the UK with a disabled child aged from birth to 25.

Your child can have any kind of disability or additional need and you do not need to have a diagnosis.

  • Telephone: 0808 808 3555 (free from UK landlines and UK mobiles)
  • Hours: 9.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday

Press 1 to speak to an education advisor, press 2 for all other helpline enquiries. 

Council for Disabled Children (CDC)

The Council for Disabled Children is the umbrella body for the disabled children's sector in England.

Information, Advice and Support Services Network (IASSN)

The Information, Advice and Support Services Network (IASSN) provides training and support to IAS Services across England.

Independent Parental Special Educational Advice (IPSEA)

Independent Parental Special Educational Advice (IPSEA) offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities.

Help with SEN appeals - SEND Tribunal

National Autistic Society 

Independent Parental Special Educational Advice (IPSEA)

Coram Children's Legal Centre 

Civil Legal Advice

For confidential and independent advice call:

  • Telephone: 0345 345 4 345
  • Minicom: 0345 609 6677

Lines open Mon-Fri 9am-8pm, and Saturday 9am-12.30pm.