Information for parents of children with special educational needs
The purpose of these materials is to assist everyone working in the Education Service in Wandsworth to become more conscious of the need and sensitive to practical ways in which the views of children and young people with special educational needs can be more effectively sought and included.
Further information is also available on:
- Schools and Community Psychology Service
- Education Welfare Service
- Wandsworth Information, Advice and Support Service
Schools information is available for:
- Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education) Provides information on the schools inspection process, the results of inspections and inspection reports.
- www.isc.co.uk is comprehensive guide to independent education in the UK, with full details of 1300 schools.
- Department for Education
- DirectGov has information for all parents and carers who want to help their child or children to learn. It is here to offer you support, information and advice about your child's learning and the English education system.
Help for parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
We have published a resource pack for local parents and carers of children with ASD.
It sets out contact details for key local and national organisations with a guide to all the different services provided by the council and the local NHS. There are sections on diet, after school activities, respite care and family support. It also explains different teaching practices and includes a book list for further reading.
Additional information on ASD is also available from: