Current parking consultations
Wandsworth Common and Tooting Bec CPZ D2 and D3 review
We are reviewing the operational times of the Wandsworth Common and Tooting Bec D2 and D3 sub-zones in response to resident feedback
We asked residents in the Wandsworth Common and Tooting Bec D2 and D3 sub-zones (roads to the north of Upper Tooting Road and Balham High Road only) for their views on parking conditions and on extending the CPZ operational times. This followed receipt of a petition from residents in Mandrake Road to address the difficulties they experience finding a space during the evening and on a Saturday due to non-residents parking in the road and also from Dalebury Road (D2) to address the difficulties they experience finding a space after the one-hour control has ended due to non-residents parking in the road.
Residents in D2 were asked for their views specifically on the possibility of extending the hours /days of control (currently 11.30am to 12.30am, Monday to Friday) to operate ‘all day’ i.e. 9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, the same as in Crockerton Road.
Residents in D3 (north of Upper Tooting Road and Balham High Road) were asked for their views on the possibility of extending the days/hours to 9.30am to 6.30pm, Monday to Saturday.
The consultation closed on 18 December 2017.
D2 sub-zone results
A summary of the results is below:
- Of the 1662 consultation documents that were delivered to households in the D2 sub-zone, 458 documents were returned, representing a response rate of 28%.
- The majority of respondents over the whole area opposed the proposal to increase the operational hours: 119 (26%) for and 310 (68%) against.
- There was majority support from Dalebury Road where the petition originated. 27 (66%) respondents were in favour.
D3 sub-zone results
- Of the 1102 consultation documents delivered, 182 (online and paper) were returned, representing a response rate of 17% of households.
- The majority of respondents over the whole area opposed the proposal to increase the operational hours: 72 (40%) for and 100 (55%) against.
- The only roads with a majority support were Mandrake Road where the petition originated, where 33 (75%) respondents were in favour, and Holdernesse Road where 4 (57%) were in favour.
The decision taken was to:
- increase the operational hours in Dalebury Road only to 9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, and
- increase the operational hours/days in Mandrake Road only (between Upper Tooting Road and Glenburnie Road) to 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Saturday
What happens next
We will write to residents in the consultation area to inform them of this decision and again to residents of Dalebury Road and Mandrake Road with further details once the implementation has been arranged.
To find out more, contact us by email at email@example.com.