What is a trade permit?
From 2 August 2018, the email address used to send out emails about parking permits and parking charge notices in Wandsworth will change to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please add this address to your address book so that these emails are not blocked by any spam or junk email filters.
Trade permits are available to those who are working as trades people, e.g. plumbers, builders etc, at a property within a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) which is not their permanent place of employment. The permits are intended to allow long stay, daily or weekly (5 or 6 day) parking for trades people, for whom the pay and display machines, which provide short term parking, are not suitable. Trade permits are valid for the whole day during which parking controls operate.
Apply for a trade permit
There are two types available.
- Virtual Trade Permit (VTP) - Register and apply online and does not require the tradesman to display a paper permit in their vehicle.
- Visitor permit scratch cards - Available by post or in person for tradesman who does not have internet access or would prefer to display a paper permit.
How many can be bought?
A trades person can apply to buy:
- VTP - A maximum of three permits per day, for the duration of the application (maximum three months). These can be purchased in bulk and activated as required.
- Scratch cards – up to 15 daily scratch cards or three weekly scratch cards per application.
Requests for larger quantities of trade permits will only be considered if the contract of work runs for more than three months and must be made in writing together with evidence of the duration of the works.
To purchase the permits, you must provide proof that you are working at the property.
When should a trade permit be purchased?
Trades people should purchase permits in advance of any works being carried out.
Each permit must then be validated:
- VTP – activate the permit online before you arrive. The
registration number of the relevant vehicle must be entered when you
activate the permit. A maximum of three vehicles per day can be
- Scratch cards - by scratching off the date and writing in the registration number of the vehicle on which it is to be displayed.
Each activated permit is only valid for one day in the sub-zone in which you are working and is only valid for one vehicle.
Where permits are valid
Trade permits are only for use within the CPZ for which they are issued and are not valid for any other CPZ within the borough.
Trade permits are not valid in pay and display only bays or in business bays or in off-street car parks, private road schemes or housing estates.
View current charges.