Key messages 2014
Children-early years challenges
- Transition to parenthood: A vulnerable phase, which may otherwise maintain inequality
- Maternal mental health: The scale of the problem is unknown, but poor maternal mental health can foster inequality. A clinical and treatment pathway is being developed.
- Breastfeeding at 6/8 weeks of age: A recurring performance target.
- Obesity and physical activity: A national issue with relatively good local levels.
- Minor illness and reducing accidents: Poor relative performance and high cost.
- Immunity for infectious disease: A recurring performance target.