Healthy eating and weight loss
Healthy eating for children: breastfeeding, weaning, vitamins and allergies
Sign up to Start4Life for help and advice during pregnancy, birth and parenthood.
Where can i get advice and support for breastfeeding?
- The Family Information Service has advice about breastfeeding, telephone helplines, local support groups and other useful links to other useful websites
I want to know more about weaning
- The Family Information Service has information about weaning and many other topics for you and your baby
- Tips on introducing solid foods (Start 4 Life)
- The Infant and Toddler Forum advice on weaning
- Weaning Food Fact Sheet from the British Dietetic Association
How can I tell if my child has an allergy?
If you are concerned that your child may have a food allergy, speak to your GP and discuss your options, such as referral to a Dietitian.
- Food allergy and some common symptoms (NHS choices)
- Fact sheet on food allergy and intolerance testing from the British Dietetic Association
- Food hypersensitivity in infants and toddlers