Healthy eating and weight loss
Healthy eating for children: breastfeeding, weaning, vitamins and allergies
Sign up to Start4Life for help and advice during pregnancy, birth and parenthood.
Where can I get advice and support for breastfeeding?
- Thrive Online has advice about breastfeeding, telephone helplines, local support groups and links to other useful websites
- Contact your local children's centre, or speak to your health visitor for further advice and support
I want to know more about weaning
- Thrive Online has information about weaning and many other topics for you and your baby
- Complementary feeding (Start4Life) has tips on introducing solid foods
- The Infant and Toddler Forum has further advice on weaning
How can I tell if my child has an allergy?
If you are concerned that your child may have a food allergy, speak to your GP and discuss your options, such as referral to a Dietitian. You can find out more about food allergies and common symptoms on the NHS Choices website.