Healthy eating and weight loss
Healthy eating for children
- Healthy Eating (NHS Choices) has reliable advice for having a healthy, balanced diet
- Sign up to Change4Life for lots of healthy eating and shopping tips, recipes, free vouchers and fun activities for kids
- Food Fact Sheets (The British Dietietic Association) have helpful information from Registered Dietitians
- Photo examples of healthy meals (Caroline Walker trust) for children five to eleven years
- Feeding young children (The Infant and Toddler Forum) has guides on healthy eating in toddlers and fussy eating in toddlers
Eating at school
What should I put in my child's packed lunch?
- Children's Food Trust has information on the benefit of choosing school meals for your child
- Healthier lunchboxes (Change4Life) has ideas for healthy lunch if you choose to pack lunch for your child
Is my child a healthy weight?
- BMI healthy weight calculator (NHS) allows you to check your child's growth
- Healthy weight children (NHS) has advice for parents on helping children to stay a healthy weight as they grow
- The National Child Measurement Programme (NHS) has information about the school height and weight checks, which your child is likely to be involved in if they are in primary school
- School height and weight checks (NHS) has advice and tips on receiving a letter, following your child's weight and height check