Healthy eating and weight loss
Weight management groups and support
Making a change for life doesn't need to be difficult. With a little help, it can be really rewarding and fun.
Weight loss groups
We fund a range of public health programmes for almost anyone who wants to live longer and feel fitter by making healthy changes in their lives.
Fun and exciting programmes are free for people who live, work or go to school in Wandsworth.
Adult weight management programme
As part of our adult weight management programme, we offer residents free weight loss vouchers for 12 weeks of a programme.
They are available for those who are aged 18 or over, classed as obese and meet the eligibility criteria. You can choose between Slimming World or Weight Watchers.
The Slimming World programme consists of 12 weekly 1 to 1.5 hour group sessions and additional support in between meetings as required by individuals. Slimming World integrates 3 key principles to help families adopt healthier lifestyles:
- A warm empowering group environment which supports members and facilitates behaviour change around eating and activity habits
- A satisfying eating plan to promote healthy eating patterns for life
- An activity management programme to help members gradually increase physical activity levels
Weight Watchers is now even more flexible!
With their SmartPoints system at its core, Flex makes deciding what to eat easy. Combining their app, over 200 delicious and satisfying zero points foods, an inspiring community, and 24/7 support from expert coaches, they have everything needed to achieve weight loss goals. There are 2 ways to follow the programme, a counting system called SmartPoints and a 'no count' approach.
To find out if you are able to receive the vouchers contact:Wandsworth Weight Management Team
020 8871 5017
Want to help yourself?
Good news, you have already taken the first step by looking for good advice online!
Am I a healthy weight? Find out with the BMI Healthy Weight Calculator
- Free NHS weight loss guide - a 12 week guide to weight loss
- British Dietetic Association: weight loss fact sheet
- Change4Life 'Swap it Don't Stop It' simple tips for losing weight
- British Heart Foundation: 'So you want to lose weight...for good' a weight loss guide for men and women
Download a smartphone app
- MyFitnessPal: An online food and activity diary that is very simple to use and motivates you to keep on track
Find out about...
- Physical activity and the range of activities available locally
- Healthy Eating for adults and children