Domestic parking bay suspensions

You should read the following information carefully before applying.

In certain circumstances, parking spaces may be suspended to allow for:

  • Domestic removals
  • Weddings
  • Funerals
  • Special events (The Boat Race, Wimbledon Tennis)
  • Mobile Plant (crane, concrete pump, cherry picker etc)
  • Filming (application must be made via the Film office)
  • Road works
  • Mobile workshops
  • Access to sites (subject to Council approval)

We will try to suspend the most convenient bay and will only suspend motorcycle bays, disabled bays, car club bays or electric car bays if there are no other alternatives or we are required to suspend for essential works.

We must approve parking bay suspensions. In some cases, the police approve the suspension.

We cannot suspend areas where there are no parking restrictions.


View charges.

Cancellations and alterations

View charges for cancellation and alterations.

When to apply

You are required to apply and pay six clear working days before you need the suspension to start. You should aim to submit and pay earlier because the day you submit the application is not included.

This excludes bank and public holidays and the weekend.

Your application will be rejected if you do not submit your application and make full payment within the five working days deadline. This is because there would not be sufficient time to erect the signage to allow adequate notice to motorists and residents of an impending suspension.

How to apply

  1. Complete the bay suspension application form.
  2. Call to pay for the licence: 020 8871 8871

Find out what happens next once you have submitted your form and payment.

Find out how we suspend parking spaces.


You must request a renewal at least three working days before the expiry date of the first licence. Find out more about how to apply for a renewal.