Adult social care complaints, comments and feedback

What happens if I am not satisfied with your response?

If you believe that your concerns have not been resolved, we can consider doing further work on your complaint or you can refer your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman We may ask an advocate or mediator to assist us in  reaching a final agreed resolution with you, or agree no further progress can be made. Please contact the Complaints Team to discuss how you want to proceed, they will be happy to assist you.

The Council is keen to resolve your complaint at an early stage. Therefore, if you would prefer the Council to have another look at your complaint, you can asked that it is reviewed by the Assistant Director responsible for the service you are complaining about. This is at your discretion, and you always retain the right to take your complaint to the Local Government and Social CareOmbudsman.

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

  • For help with making a complaint please call the LGO on 0300 061 0614. (Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01or 02) from both mobiles and landlines, and will be included as part of any inclusive call minutes or discount schemes in the same way as geographic calls. Please note that calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.)

    The lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm.

    If you have a complaint, use the complaint form.

    Alternatively, you can write to:

    The Local Government Ombudsman
    PO Box 4771
    Coventry CV4 0EH

Health Service Ombudsman

If an issue is about an NHS service, you can contact The Health Service Ombudsman:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Telephone: 0345 015 4033  - Monday to Friday  8.30am to 5.30pm

The Care Quality Commission

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. Their aim is to make sure that better care is provided for everyone, whether it is in hospital, in care homes, in people's own homes, or elsewhere. They regulate health and adult social care services, whether provided by the NHS, local authorities, private companies or voluntary organisations. They also protect the rights ofpeople detained under the Mental Health Act. They encourage people to comment on how health and social care services can be improved.

You can contact them if you think a service you are using could be improved or if you are worried about sharing your concerns and complaints with us.

CQC National Customer Service Centre
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Pages in Adult social care complaints, comments and feedback