What to expect
- Provide a high quality service and be courteous and professional service to all customers at all times.
- Deal with enquiries efficiently and professionally, providing accurate information and a speedy resolution.
- Aim to keep waiting time to a minimum whenever possible. To do
this, initial enquiries will be filtered upon arrival. Complex or
detailed enquiries may be referred to see another officer.
- Offer an appointment if an enquiry cannot be resolved at the Customer Centre. This will be arranged for a mutually convenient time. Most of our facilities are open plan, however, if an enquiry is of a personal nature, arrangements can be made for the matter to be dealt with in one of the private interview rooms.
- Have dedicated staff on hand to assist customers with using self service points. Customers are encouraged to use our self service facilities wherever possible as this will greatly assist us to keep waiting time to a minimum.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the information you give us is securely transmitted to the appropriate service.
We ask you to:
- Refrain from smoking anywhere on the premises
- Refrain from using mobile phones whilst a staff member is dealing with your enquiry.
- Supervise children at all times, including whilst using the play area.
- Turn up for appointments on time or to give a minimum of 24 hours notice if you have to cancel.
- Treat staff with the courtesy and respect you would expect to receive.
Zero tolerance policy
Our staff have the right to provide a front line service to you without fear of being threatened or abused and we ask that you treat our staff and other residents using this facility with the same respect and courtesy that you would expect to receive.
If you are violent, threatening or abusive towards a member of staff, including making racist or sexist remarks, we will respond with firm action which could include issuing a warning, withdrawal of services or prosecution.
Details of all incidents will be recorded so that appropriate action can be taken to prevent future instances.
We will not hesitate to summon the police to remove offenders from our premises. In the event of the individual having already left the premises, they will always be reported to the police.