Responding to you
There are many ways you can contact us.
The Council's standards to respond
- Web requests/forms: response within 10 working days
- Self service telephone systems: answer within 5 rings and deal with information collected within correspondence timescales (10 working days)
- SMS/ Texts: to respond within 48 hours
- Correspondence via social media standards: acknowledgement within 2 hours - passed to the relevant departments for response within 10 working days.
- Electronic written correspondence: acknowledgement within 1 day, full response within a maximum of 10 working days.
- Paper written correspondence: 5 days to acknowledge and 10 days for a full response
- Switchboard: 87% in 15 seconds and 90% in 25 seconds
- Calls to direct lines: within 5 rings
- Voicemail or telephone messages left: to respond within one working day
- Face to Face standards: 90% of callers with more detailed enquiries in under 20 minutes, 100% of customers with pre booked appointments or meetings seen within 5 minutes of the appointment time.