Pay and benefits
Wandsworth teachers benefit from inner-London salaries and the range of benefits that you would expect from a progressive borough.
Qualified teachers can expect to earn between £27,819 and £46,365 per annum, depending on skills and experience, with the potential to earn substantially more as your career progresses. Teachers can also join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
95% of our schools are good or outstanding and we aspire to 100%. You’ll be working alongside experienced education professionals, amazing school leaders and supportive governing bodies.
You also benefit from:
- A comprehensive induction
- Supportive and well-resourced schools
- State of the art Professional Development Centre
- Award winning curriculum support and professional development library
- Promotional and CPD opportunities
- At least five INSET days per year
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Access to affordable housing schemes
- Reduced membership rates at local health clubs
As a teacher in a Wandsworth school, you may be eligible to take part in one of many key worker housing initiatives.
All key public sector workers can be supported to get onto the property ladder or to rent property at below market values.
Wandsworth works with a number of housing partners to offer schemes that the majority of our teachers are eligible for.
Further information is at hand by visiting Housing Options pages.