Reviewing your care needs
As things change, we like to keep in touch to see if the care and help you have is still right for you. We will contact you to agree how best to carry out a review of your care and support plan.
Where and when
We will let you know how often we will review your care and support plan. This is normally once a year. We will always contact you to agree with you how best to arrange the review. This usually takes place Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm.
What do we need to know?
When we last met, we will have agreed with you some things that you had wanted to do that you needed help with. We will want to know whether the help that you have been getting is making a difference to your life.
- We will also want to know how you rate the services and help you are getting. Would you recommend it to other people or not? Knowing this will help us to improve services for others. We can also talk to services for you if you have concerns.
- Has anything changed for you? Is there anything that makes it more difficult or easier to manage your everyday activities now compared to when we last met with you? For example your health condition may have changed; you may have had a fall; your medication may have changed and this may change how you have to organise your day.
- How well is your care and support plan working? Do you want to change anything?
- If you have family or friends who help you has anything changed for them? For example they may have less time or more time to help you.
What happens next?
We will send you a copy of your new care and support plan and the review document that was completed with you. This will also explain who to contact if you do not agree with anything and want to discuss it more. The care and support plan will say when your next review will be.
We will contact you when we are planning to carry out the next review of your care and support plan.
If things change before then you can ask for an earlier review. To do this, contact our access team
- Telephone: (020) 8871 7707
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or ask your support worker or care worker to contact us for you.
Factsheet 17: Reviewing your care and support
Read the factsheet Reviewing your care needs for further information about reviews, including:
- Who else we might speak to
- Having someone with you, if you want, such as a family member or friend
- Help available if you cannot explain yourself
- Changes to your care and support plan and services