Buildings Insurance

How to make a claim

If an insured peril has operated, you must complete a Buildings Insurance claim form.

Please complete the form and submit two independent estimates to our insurer, Zurich Municipal directly:

Farnborough Property Claims, Zurich Municipal, PO BOX 3303, Interface Business Park, Swindon, SN4 8WF

The insurance cover is with Zurich Municipal and the main policy number is QLA-0433-12.

You have 30 days to claim after the date of loss.

After you have made a claim

Once you make a claim, Zurich Municipal will register the claim and acknowledge their interest. If you need an update on your claim, contact the Property Claims Team at Zurich Municipal on 01252 387 249.

Zurich Municipal may send out a loss adjustor or property claims specialist to view the property. This is dependent on the cost of the estimated repair works submitted and complexity of the claim.

Arranging repairs

Leaseholders are responsible for arranging repairs within their own property. If you believe the source of any water ingress is caused by a communal pipe, please contact your Estate Manager to arrange the repair.

Excesses and fees

There is no excess applicable under the building insurance policy unless you are making a claim for subsidence.

Subsidence claims have an excess of £1000 per block, split accordingly to the number of leaseholders in the block/house.

Covering the damage of your possessions

The buildings insurance policy only covers the cost of the damage caused to the interior decoration of the property, not the contents.

If an incident wasn't your fault and you need to pay a contents policy excess, the only option is to try and make a public liability claim against the council, or someone else you hold responsible for the damage. You will need to prove that us, or another party, have been negligent. For example, by failing to maintain the property.

You cannot simultaneously pursue a buildings insurance claim and a public liability claim for damage arising from the same incident.

If you're unhappy with the outcome

If you are unhappy with the outcome of the claim, you can either contact Zurich Municipal for the claim to be reconsidered or contact the Insurance Group at Wandsworth Council on 020 8871 6413 for further advice.

You are free to seek legal advice at any time.