I am a council tenant

Mutual exchange schemes

Mutual Exchange helps existing council or housing association tenants move to another home by swapping their properties with each other.

You can swap homes provided both households: agree to move, and you have each received written consent from your landlord before you move. Consent can only be refused on certain grounds.

Tenants who swap with an overcrowded Wandsworth Council tenant may also be entitled to an incentive cash payment.

There are several national home swap and house exchange services for social housing tenants. These help you to find and exchange with other social tenants in the UK: